CALL FOR ARTISTS 2022
the Courtroom Gallery
The Courtroom Gallery is located in downtown Rock Hill on the second floor of the Gettys Art Center, 201 E. Main St., Rock Hill, SC; the city’s historic post office and courthouse. The exhibition space is a long hallway, illuminated by adjustable track lighting, and adjacent to the beautiful courtroom space where exhibition receptions are often held.
The Courtroom Gallery is a gallery for the exhibition of both emerging and established artists in primarily 2-dimensional work.
DEADLINE for Submissions
© Maybe Medusa Was Just an Assertive Woman (detail) by Sara Simpson | 2021 Courtroom Gallery Artist
Courtroom Gallery 2022 Exhibitions
CALL FOR ARTISTS
The Courtroom Gallery is now accepting applications for 2022 gallery exhibitions. Exhibitions are 6 – 8 weeks in length. All entries must be submitted no later than midnight on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
Artists wishing to be considered for a solo or duo exhibition for one of the Courtroom Gallery’s 2022 gallery exhibitions, please submit the following and review the Artist-Gallery Agreement Form for details about terms and conditions. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $20-30 application fee (non-refundable)
- 8-10 images; no less than 1 MB, no greater than 10 MB, jpg or png format, saved at 300dpi
- Inventory list: titles, sizes, mediums, & prices
- Artist Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Artist Bio & Headshot
- Exhibition statement; This statement should be about the body of work you are proposing to exhibit. Cannot exceed 400 words. Express the themes, ideas, concepts and inspiration behind your exhibition—what your exhibition is about. Please don’t repeat your bio. Describe what the work looks like and what media is used; perhaps describe your process of making. What inspires or influences the work? If there is a goal or message included in the work, explain briefly. Historical references may be described or defined to inform the viewer.
The Courtroom Gallery Committee will consider all submissions and notification of acceptance will be provided via e-mail. (Please add email@example.com to the contacts in your email provider to ensure that you receive any notifications.) Only complete proposals that adhere to the Courtroom Gallery’s submission guidelines will be considered. Works that sell while on exhibit at the Courtroom Gallery are subject to a 20% commission fee.
*Payments in the form of cash, credit card or check will be accepted. All checks must be payable to Friday Arts Project.
Please fill out the Submission form first. You will then be prompted to follow a link to pay the submission fee or you may return to this page and make your payment below.